Sunday, September 30, 2018

Hello again 😊

Simple, and short post to fill in these past years.

- Enjoyed trying out various Beachbody exercise programs.
- Enjoyed experimenting with yoga, and Pilates.
- Enjoyed extended bicycle trips  (as far as 57 miles in a day)
- Continued consistent training in Kyokushin karate.

- Tore my Achilles tendon in half earlier this year. It took months of rehabilitation in order to start walking again.  I still trained in karate through it all. ( just sat on the floor to do basics or knelt)

Planning on adding more walking to my regime in order to strengthen and speed up the healing process.

I've been a Nidan karate-ka for some years now. The black belt hangs in a familiar way on my waist. The Kata flows through me like a song of energy.

Why blog still? I asked myself. My answer: because I don't see many grey haired grandmothers training in the dojo, and perhaps my stories might encourage or inspire those who find themselves in the lifelong passion of the Martial arts.


No comments: