Friday, February 23, 2007

Sickness reigns

There's been a cold running through my house affecting my kids, and husband. So far, fingers crossed, I have avoided the touch of the sniffles. I've eaten extra oranges, and have been extra careful to avoid potential "cooties" from my poor sick ones. Oh sure, I give them their needed hugs, and hot chocolate.. but I quickly rush over to the washroom, and give my hands a good hot wash inbetween times. Good homemade soup has become the staple of our lunch hours to get as many minerals, and healthy food into my kids.

My daughter injured her right foot at karate class last week. It wasn't anything too serious, she just smacked feet with the kid next in line with her when doing kicking exercises, and got a good big tender purple bruise on her instep. I found this funny because I had done something similar the week before, but with my left foot. So now Mom, and daughter have matching mirrored feet.

I'm going to take a nice long nap this afternoon to boost my immune system with rest, but you can bet that I'm going to be at karate class tonight to boost my immune system with exercise. Ha ha ha! Those nasty little virus' have no hope!

No comments: